Lots of Vitamin C
I mentioned in this post that I felt like I was starting to get sick. I feel better than last night, when I really felt a sore throat developing. I kept my heater on during the night, and I woke up a bit sweaty in the morning. And let’s just say I’ve drowned myself in Vitamin C for 2 days:
- House Wellness C1000 Vitamin Lemon – Went to Ogino to try and find some vitamin C. They don’t have any vitamins or anything, but I did find this. It was only ¥99, and it looked like it would help. I’m not sure it did though, because my throat didn’t get any better (or worse) after a few hours.
– Fizzy and sweet, like carbonated lemon soda.
– 1000mg of Vitamin C.
- CGC 100% Orange Juice – When Cece and I went grocery shopping with Chie and Haruka for nabe, I thought it’d be a good idea to get some real orange juice. I’ve had that Bireley’s Orange drink in my fridge for a few days now, and though it’s good, it’s watered down (not as sweet, yummier and easier to drink, but I don’t know if I was getting enough vitamin C). I think the bottle says that it’s only 20% juice. By the end of the night, I had drank 90% of that bottle. In the above photo, it’s empty.
– The usual orange juice you buy anywhere, no pulp
– 86mg of Vitamin C per 200ml; 1,000ml total
- C.C. Lemon Zero – On the way to the train station, I stopped by Family Mart. I picked up C.C. Lemon Zero because it says it contains no sugar and calories compared to regular C.C. Lemon. Maybe this is what did it for me? By mid-afternoon, I didn’t feel my sore throat anymore, and my nose had stopped running. I only had to blow my nose twice during the whole day, but there was barely anything.
– Lemony, sweet; not sour or tart
– Has that fake sugar aftertaste that I really don’t like though, like in diet drinks and such. I may go for the regular next time if I do plan on buying it again
– 268mg of Vitamin C per 100ml
So I’m not sure what helped me, but I’m worried about the sore throat returning. I should get to sleep early. I may go to Welcia, since it seems to be the place to buy medicine around here.
[ edit ] Cold gone by the following day!